Thursday, June 25, 2009

What this blog is about

This is meant to introduce myself and explain the reason for starting this blog. I lost my dear brother, Alexander, on May 3rd of this year to suicide. He was only 23 years old. Ever since then I am trying to find ways to deal with the grief that took hold of me after I learned of his decision to end his life.
I do not know how this will go, but I think for myself this blog could prove helpful in learning how to live with this incredible loss. Please forgive me if I feel that I need to end it sooner than I imagine right now - as I said, it is only an attempt of finding a way through this difficult time.
Another reason for starting this blog, however, is to share with you my feelings so that you might find a little bit of consolation if you are a survivor, too, that you are not alone with this grief. And if you found this site because you are thinking about ending your life I hope you will think again. It is unimaginable how the decision of one person can change so many lives profoundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment